Find out more about foot discomfort, its causes and what you can do to handle the issue more efficiently.
It’s amazing how quickly foot pain can affect your quality of life. Before you know it, a simple discomfort can change your workout regime, the way you run your errands and even how you get to work. Don’t let foot pain ruin your life. Find out more about the common causes of foot pain and how our Brooklyn podiatrist Dr. Corinne Kauderer can help.
Foot Pain Causes
Pain can originate in any area of the foot and often the location of the pain is an indicator of the condition or injury causing your symptoms. Common causes of foot pain include:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sprains and strains
- Achilles tendinitis
- Ingrown toenail
As you can see, there are so many issues that can cause pain and discomfort. This is why it’s always best to visit your Brooklyn foot doctors if you are experiencing symptoms that won’t go away or that affect your life. By diagnosing your condition, we can easily create the proper treatment plan for you.
Treating Foot Pain
While we will certainly tailor your treatment based on the cause and severity of your condition, there are some common conservative treatment options that we can recommend across the board to most people dealing with foot pain:
- Over-the-counter or prescription pain relievers like ibuprofen (which can also reduce swelling)
- Icing the sore areas of the feet for several minutes at a time
- Wearing orthotics
- Resting and avoiding strenuous and high-impact physical activities
- Wearing properly fitted shoes
- Wearing a foot splint or brace
- Getting corticosteroid injections to treat pain and swelling
- An EPAT machine that uses Acoustic Wave Technology to help treat pain in musculo-tendon areas without injections
Turn to the foot pain specialists at Dyker Heights Advanced Foot & Dental Wellness in Brooklyn, NY today. Whether you are experiencing foot pain or you want to discuss your treatment options, we are here to make sure you get the care your feet need.